Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ah, poor dogsbody*

I suffered through another installment of ‘foreign-flu-cold-allergy-bacterial-viral-fungal-mystery-itis’ these past two weeks. Today, I am officially almost, kind of, just about well. It feels like there is a slug covered with acid dipped razors in my left nasal cavity, but otherwise, I’m great!

Of course, my first thought when I woke up at 5am with a fever two weeks ago was that I had la gripe porcina. My lovely imagination then filled in all the blanks with exciting details of lungs filling with fluids, infecting all my friends here, weeks in the hospital, and so on. Luckily, I think it was just a good old-fashioned case of ‘foreign-flu-cold-allergy-bacterial-viral-fungal-mystery-itis.’ Or, if it was swine flu, then hopefully I have some immunity now, and my roommates and friends seem to be fine.

The photo below is an approximation of what was marching through my head, endlessly repeating, during my fever dreams. Actually, no, it’s just a shot of some adorable kids randomly dressed as dominoes (por que no?) in a parade in Figueres, the otherwise unremarkable home of the Dali Museum in northwest Spain. More on Figueres and Dali to come.


No comments: