Friday, August 14, 2009

the wellfed voice*



In my previous commentary on my apartment, I forgot to mention one of the most mysterious occurrences. I firmly believe that one of my neighbors is keeping a pet whale in their bathtub. Some nights, we will suddenly hear this shrill bellowing sound, haunting really, almost wailing. It seems to drift from the core airshaft of the building and wafts in and out for about an hour. Is this when the whale is being fed? Or has the whale become lonely and is crying for a friend? Perhaps I should start leaving bags of krill outside my neighbors’ doors, ring the bell and wait for their reaction….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! Thanks for your amazingly rich blog - it leaves me with both a sense of awe at your adventurous spirit, and a twinge of envy that I have not been adventuring...sigh, the call of comfort and home.